SmartSolar MPPT 150/35 & 150/45
- Did you Know?
Victron SmartSolar MPPT solar charge controllers maximize the power from your solar array and optimally charge your battery system, regardless of the input conditions. This can result in a 30% efficiency gain compared to a PWM solar charge controller.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to easily manage your SmartSolar MPPT charger from your smartphone or other device using the free VictronConnect app. If your setup is linked to the internet with a GX device, you can view the real-time performance of your MPPT solar charger from anywhere in the world using VRM, Victron's Remote Management Portal, which is also free to use. If your setup is remote and doesn't have internet, you can still monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
- Built-in Bluetooth capability for quick configuration and monitoring
- VE.Direct port for a wired data connection to a Cerbo GX, laptop, or other devices.
- Intelligent Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to optimize solar harvest in less-than-ideal weather and environmental conditions.
- Outstanding efficiency, exceeding 98%, and full output current up to 104°F.
- Fully customize the charge voltage, stage duration, and charge current for your exact battery chemistry, or choose from 8 preset charge algorithms using VictronConnect.
- Over temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high, as well as PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity/PV reverse current protection.
- Ability to charge a fully discharged battery, assuming the cells are not permanently sulfated or otherwise damaged.
Related Reading >>> Victron MPPT Solar Charge Controllers Explained
The SmartSolar 150/35 and 150/45 are suited for 12V, 24V or 48V battery banks. Multiple SmartSolar MPPT chargers can be used in parallel. For larger systems, we recommend using models with a VE.Can communication port. The name of each Victron solar charger reflects the maximum PV voltage and the maximum battery charge current. For example, the Smart Solar MPPT 150/35 has a maximum PV voltage of 150V and can charge the battery with a maximum of 35A.
When should you add more than one solar charge controller? Read our technical article to find out.
If you've yet to use the VictronConnect app, you are about to be impressed. As soon as you connect your Bluetooth-enabled SmartSolar, the app will start to data log and display Watts of power being generated in real-time, consumption trends, battery voltage, and state of charge. You can adjust the maximum charge current, update the firmware, configure solar charger settings, and view up to 30 days of historical data and error history - all from the palm of your hand.
Related Reading >>> What's the difference between a Blue Solar and Smart Solar Charge Controller?