SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 & 100/50
- Did you Know?
Victron Smart Solar charge controllers max out PV performance, protect your battery and facilitate intelligent communication between your inverter and other devices.
SmartSolar 100/30 and SmartSolar 100/50 are a popular choice for small solar arrays connected to 12V or 24V battery banks. Set up, monitor, update, and synchronize multiple SmartSolar charge controllers using the VictronConnect app. Enable remote monitoring of Victron MPPTs and other 'Smart' Victron devices using a GlobalLink 520, Cerbo GX, or other Victron GX devices on the Victron Remote Management portal.
- Built-in Bluetooth capability allows quick configuration and monitoring via the Victron Connect app.
- VE.Direct port for a wired data connection to a Cerbo GX, laptop, or other devices.
- Automatic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to optimize solar harvest in less-than-ideal weather and environmental conditions.
- Outstanding efficiency, exceeding 98%, and full output current up to 104°F.
- Choose from 8 preset charge algorithms or fully customize the charge voltages, stage duration, and charge current for your exact battery chemistry using VictronConnect.
- Over temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high, as well as PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity/PV reverse current protection.
- Can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, assuming the cells are not permanently damaged.
Related Reading >>> Victron MPPT Solar Charge Controllers Explained
SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 & 100/50 are designed for 12V and 24V battery banks. The name of each Victron solar charger reflects the maximum PV voltage and the maximum battery charge current. For example, the Smart Solar MPPT 100/30 has a maximum PV voltage of 100V and can charge the battery with a maximum of 30A.
A Victron SmartSolar charge controller can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts and will initiate the charging process with PV input alone. This assumes that the cells are not permanently damaged, but this capability to initiate a charge on a fully discharged battery has proved a huge help to our friends at Explore.org, who set up wildlife camera systems in hard-to-reach locations with heavy snowfall that can completely cover the system for months at a time. The SmartSolar charge controller will act to 'wake up' a dead battery, force-feeding it a minimal amount of power. Once the voltage is high enough, the solar charger will resume a normal charging mode.
Related Reading >>> Some Battery Chargers Were Born to Rule