MultiPlus-II 2x 120V
- Did you Know?
The MultiPlus II 2x120V inverter charger is an ideal solution for RVs and coach buses with a 50 amp service with all the expected features of Victron's versatile inverter/charger range, including PowerControl, PowerAssist, Input Current Limit, two AC outputs, as well as parallel and 3 phase configuration for larger capacity VE.Bus systems.
Whether supplied from shore power or a generator, the MultiPlus-II 2x120V can accept and pass through both lines of a 120/240V supply, with the capability to utilize the full 50A for charging and AC loads. When connecting to a single-phase 120V supply, the L1 input of the MultiPlus-II 2x120V will accept incoming power for charging and passthrough while combining the L1 and L2 outputs for single-phase 120V on each line.
The MultiPlus switches to inverter operation when no AC source is available. The inverter output is also 120V single phase. In inverter mode, the MultiPlus-II 2x120V internally connects both lines L1 and L2 together to provide 120VAC power on either output. Therefore, in all connection circumstances, both sides of a distribution panel will be supplied with 120V. However, 240VAC is only available when the MultiPlus is supplied by a split-phase 120/240VAC source. This prevents heavy loads such as water heaters or 240V air conditioners from discharging the battery.
- Ready for use with LiFePO4 batteries and a variety of other battery chemistries.
- Change settings in minutes using VE.Configure software on a computer or laptop with an MK3-USB interface.
- Several monitoring and control options, such as Cerbo GX, laptop, computer, Bluetooth (with the optional VE.Bus Smart dongle), Battery Monitor, and Digital Multi Control Panel, are available.
- Using a Cerbo GX or other Victron GX device, connect your system to the internet to remote access your system, update settings, and monitor performance data from your phone or laptop using VRM, Victron's free remote management portal.
Which Victron inverter/charger is the best solution for your energy system? Ask us. We're here to help.
The MultiPlus-II 2x120V inverter/charger is available in 12V or 24VDC. Both models supply 3000VA and are available in UL or non-UL versions. What's in a name? The Victron naming convention explains the system's potential based on its design.
Example: MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V (UL)
- 12 Volt DC battery
- 3000 Volt Amps continuous power rating
- 120 Amp DC battery charger
- 50 Amp AC pass-through transfer relay
- 2x legs of 120VAC output
- 120 Volt AC inverter
- This inverter has passed UL certification in the United States
Related Reading >>> The Digital Multi Control: When & How to Use It
The 2x120 allows full 50 amp pass-through with two 120V lines in and two 120V lines out. When connecting to a single-phase 120V supply, the L1 input of the MultiPlus-II 2x120V will accept incoming power for charging and passthrough while combining the L1 and L2 outputs for single-phase 120V on each line.
Let’s say you plug into a 30-amp service with your RV, and you want to run appliances that draw more than 30 amps. The 2x120 will bridge L1 and L2 to compensate for the lack of power coming from shore power. What if you are boondocking away from a shore power source? The MultiPlus will switch to inverter operation, and it will internally connect both lines L1 and L2 together to provide 120VAC power loads on either output. Therefore, in all connection circumstances, both sides of a distribution panel will be supplied with 120V.
Related Reading >>> Victron Energy Inverter/Charger Buyer Checklist