- Did you Know?
An update on the 20-year proven MultiPlus, the MultiPlus II is an inverter, battery charger, and transfer switch all in one compact package, plus Energy Storage System (ESS) functionality. Compatible with all battery types, this versatile inverter/charger is ready for use in recreational and professional vehicles, marine, off-grid, and on-grid solar and battery backup power applications. Like the Multiplus, this powerful inverter/charger has two AC outputs with PowerAssist and PowerControl.
- Slim profile, lower standby power
- Compatible with MPPT solar charger controllers and grid-tie PV inverters.
- Built-in anti-islanding functionality
- Easy installation and set up using VE.Configure software on a computer or laptop with an MK3-USB interface.
- Several monitoring and control options are available, such as Cerbo GX, laptop, computer, Bluetooth (with the optional VE.Bus Smart dongle), Battery Monitor, and Digital Multi Control Panel.
- Connect your system to the internet using a Cerbo GX or other Victron GX to remotely access, update settings, and monitor your system's performance data on VRM, Victron's free remote management portal.
Are you designing your power system? If you have a question or just need some advice, ask our helpful team.
Related Reading >>> Victron Energy Home Battery Backup—Well and Grinder Pumps
The MultiPlus-II inverter/charger models range from 3000VA to the 15KVA unit, making it possible to use the MultiPlus-II for a small single-phase system, all the way up to 30kVa combined systems. In a 3-phase configuration, up to 3 sets of 6 MultiPlus II Inverter/Chargers can be combined for an impressive 90kVa of power and 1200 Amps of charging capacity.
What's in a name? The Victron naming convention explains the system's potential based on its design.
Example: MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V
- 12 Volt DC battery
- 3000 Volt Amps continuous power rating
- 120 Amp DC battery charger
- 50 Amp AC pass-through transfer relay
- 120 Volt AC inverter
Which MultiPlus-II is the best solution for your energy system? Ask us. We're here to help.
Related Reading >>> Victron Energy Inverter/Charger Buyer Checklist
The Multiplus II is a bi-directional inverter charger. If your inverter charger is in a camper van or RV, this means that even when connected to shore power, you have access to the full potential of the inverter. You’ll be able to charge your battery at maximum current without compromising your ability to power your van or RV off of a grid tie or generator. This could allow your system to run off of a smaller battery bank or a smaller, more fuel-efficient generator. This automatic function, called PowerAssist, is built into every Victron Energy inverter/charger.
Related Reading >>> The Digital Multi Control: When & How to Use It