VE.Bus BMS / VE.Bus BMS V2
The VE.Bus BMS and VE.Bus BMS V2 are Battery Management Systems (BMS) designed to interface with and protect a single, or multiple Victron Lithium Battery 12,8V & 25,6V Smart (LiFePO4 or LFP) in systems that have Victron inverters or inverter/chargers with VE.Bus communication.
The BMS monitors and protects the batteries against over voltage and under voltage of any individual cell, and also over temperature or under temperature conditions.
If the cell voltage or battery temperature is outside of the allowable range, this is communicated to the BMS via two BMS cables with M8 circular connectors. In systems with multiple batteries, the BMS cables of each battery are connected in series (daisy chained), with the first and the last BMS cables connected to the BMS.
Based on the status of the battery or batteries, the BMS will:
- Generate a pre-alarm signal to alert of an imminent cell under voltage condition.
- Disable inverting in VE.Bus inverters or inverter/chargers via VE.Bus, and disable other loads via the 'Load Disconnect' terminal in the event of a cell under voltage condition.
- Disable charging in VE.Bus inverters or inverter/chargers via VE.Bus and disable other chargers via the 'Charge Disconnect' terminal in the event of a cell overvoltage, under temperature or over temperature condition.
The “original” VE.Bus BMS is best used in systems without a GX device.
The “next generation” VE.Bus BMS V2 has additional features such as:
- Remote on/off terminals.
- Ability to disable VE.Direct and VE.Can solar chargers via a GX device.
- Allowing control of the VE.Bus inverter/charger from multiple devices, like the Digital Multi Control, the VE.Bus Smart dongle and/or a GX device.
- Auxiliary power input and output terminals that allow a GX device to remain powered in the event of a system shutdown.